Welcome to the HornSports Forum

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our Texas Longhorns message board community.

SignUp Now!

Fall Practice Started Today

Does RB Malcolm Brown physically remind you of AD?
My initials translator must be cattywampus this morning.  Who is AD?

Do you mean Adrian Peterson?  If so, Same height, Brown may be a little bigger.  Peterson is faster with a listed 4.4 forty versus a listed 4.6 forty for Brown - I did not know their forty times when I looked them up, but Peterson is FAST.  Gray on the other hand has a 4.45 forty listed but is smaller than either of them and who knows how fast he will be after his injury.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
And apparently Taylor Doyle is impressing the coaches enough to be starting.

On defense, walk-on Dylan Haines is running with the first team.

 
My initials translator must be cattywampus this morning.  Who is AD?

Do you mean Adrian Peterson?  If so, Same height, Brown may be a little bigger.  Peterson is faster with a listed 4.4 forty versus a listed 4.6 forty for Brown - I did not know their forty times when I looked them up, but Peterson is FAST.  Gray on the other hand has a 4.45 forty listed but is smaller than either of them and who knows how fast he will be after his injury.
Adrian Peterson's nickname is "All Day", hence the abbreviation to "A.D."

Neither Brown nor Gray have done enough to be mentioned in the same sentence with AD....yet.  I expect Coach Strong and the Horns to change that soon!

 
Not worried at all about this season. We have Jesus on the team. 

BuMo6-iCUAAJb__.jpg


 
Adrian Peterson's nickname is "All Day", hence the abbreviation to "A.D."

Neither Brown nor Gray have done enough to be mentioned in the same sentence with AD....yet.  I expect Coach Strong and the Horns to change that soon!
I thought I remembered something like that.  No lack of respect meant for our running backs, I like them both, but it will take more than hard work for either of them to measure up to Peterson.  Size and speed being equal, it is hard to teach vision and natural instincts.  Of course, Brown and Gray have their own mix of those characteristics and I expect them both to be very good this year.  For Gray, of course, there is the caveat of how well he comes back from his injury.

 
The three suspended players (Harrison, Turner, and Daje) all practiced with the Freshmen this evening.

 
The three suspended players (Harrison, Turner, and Daje) all practiced with the Freshmen this evening.
Let's hope that punch to their egos motivates them to step it up with a better attitude, grades, effort...whatever they have been lacking.

 
Matt, thanks for the photos. Those are great. Love seeing Wickline in action.

I'll be out all day tomorrow. I'm taking Brandon down in the morning to move him into a dorm at Navarro.

His two-a-days begin tomorrow afternoon. I've been taking so many snaps from him lately that I feel like I should be punting somewhere LOL.

 
I heard that Jerrod Heard REALLY stuck out in the younger guys workouts. Heard he was a mile ahead of Swoopes already.
That's awesome! I would expect him to be tho. I don't think it can be overstated, regardless of the physical attributes, the difference between playing Texas High School (big) 4A ball and winning state championships vs playing 2A ball and winning 2 games a year...I mean, I like Swoopes, but regardless of the stats he put up in high school, his teams never won. And that says a lot....

 
Back
Top Bottom