Election Day Thread

Saw this and thought id share. From one of my favorite CS Lewis books, the screwtape letters. Point of view is a demon writing about how to defeat a humanIMG_6454.JPGIMG_6454.JPGIMG_6454.JPGIMG_6454.JPGIMG_6454.JPGIMG_6454.JPGIMG_6454.JPGIMG_6454.JPGIMG_6454.JPGIMG_6454.JPGIMG_6454.JPGIMG_6454.JPGIMG_6454.JPGIMG_6454.JPGIMG_6454.JPGIMG_6454.JPGIMG_6454.JPGIMG_6454.JPGIMG_6454.JPGIMG_6454.JPG

Cw1044_WIAAwUqP.jpg
"Ding dong, the Witch is dead, the Wicked Witch is dead"

Totally disgusting.
and the memes that are being posted????  let's be consistent.

fyi, let's hope that their souls are in heaven.  i for one hope they are.  i don't find that disgusting at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
similar to other soldiers, i.e. wmd war, their watch is over.  so assuming their souls went to soldier heaven, they can get that information from wmd soldiers.

oh wait, you're being sarcastic....yeah me too.

wmd war? Is that like with a cloth or something? Like dodging sniper fire or some offensive youtube video? LOL

WMD War. . . lol, we'll let that be your little secret but it is interesting to see you try to compare four dead Americans with something from the wrong side of your imagination.

You have to live with you, not me. Have a good one nonetheless.

Reactions: dillohorn
and the memes that are being posted????  let's be consistent.

fyi, let's hope that their souls are in heaven.  i for one hope they are.  i don't find that disgusting at all.
You're comparing the deaths of 4 American soldiers to a f#####g meme?!?!  I'm amazed at the arrogance and the ignorance of anyone who can justify making light of the deaths of the men and women who protect our freedom at home and overseas.  Every soldier, alive or dead, deserves both our respect and appreciation for their service to this country and it's citizens, only an idiot would make light of their sacrifice. 

Reactions: dillohorn
Let us all please calm down. If some stranger were to come to Hornsports.com and read how divided we are about the leadership of this great country they might be left with the impression that Longhorn Nation is so divided that we can't even agree on who should be the head coach of the football team.

Ok folks, regardless of what side of the election you are on, let's temper the discussion on this topic.

I really like this site and think that the members are a notch or two above some other sites, so let's act like it and keep things civil. I'd rather not have to lock this thread down because we can't play nice.

wmd war? Is that like with a cloth or something? Like dodging sniper fire or some offensive youtube video? LOL

WMD War. . . lol, we'll let that be your little secret but it is interesting to see you try to compare four dead Americans with something from the wrong side of your imagination.

You have to live with you, not me. Have a good one nonetheless.
lmgtfy, it's no secret.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=WMD+war

"wrong side of your imagination"?  really?  the meme's are pretty self explanatory.  nothing wrong with my mind.

yes, i have a blessed life so i'm happy to live with me.  hopefully, you have one too.

Reactions: MBHORNSFAN
Ok folks, regardless of what side of the election you are on, let's temper the discussion on this topic.

I really like this site and think that the members are a notch or two above some other sites, so let's act like it and keep things civil. I'd rather not have to lock this thread down because we can't play nice.
Probably wouldn't be a terrible idea to just lock it though. Easier to keep the frustration with each other based around the team.

Reactions: Embrey and UTK66
lmgtfy, it's no secret.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=WMD+war

"wrong side of your imagination"?  really?  the meme's are pretty self explanatory.  nothing wrong with my mind.

yes, i have a blessed life so i'm happy to live with me.  hopefully, you have one too.

Oh my, you really don't keep up, do you? Turns out, there was and still is WMD in Iraq. We found much of it under Obama.

No wonder you're happy. LOL

I haven't posted a meme. But hopefully you'll get through whatever trauma it caused.

I don't think O likes DJT much.....but, it's his "legacy"

But, O, you did "activate" a percentage of black voters to vote DJT. That's another reason why he won.

— Twitter API (@twitterapi) November 7, 2011