I've changed my mind about this season. We just lost to probably the third worst team in the SEC. We had no answer.
Our offense belongs to a team ranked 30th in the nation, not the #1 team. Our defense made us worthy, but you need the offense to work. It doesn't.
We found some success with Cooper rushing. So we bench him in the 2nd half.
We have a dynamic weapon at WR that we don't seem so interested in (Bishop).
Arch is back on the track he was on last year, which wasn't pretty and makes me wonder if he truly is the 5-star QB we thought he was. Was the second half of last year a fluke? Seems so as the QB from the first half of last year is back. Bad decisions, throwing it up for grabs while trying to drive for a game-winning FG. Not using the clock well at all.
I don't know why we missed Townsend or were excited he was back. He did nothing. Not sure why we didn't use Winston.
The fairy tale is over. We're not CFP good, IMO. We'll be lucky to end up with three losses, which of course means the CFP committee has their reason to omit us.
For the first time since we hired him, I am left wondering if Sark is the guy we need. I look over at Kentucky and would be thrilled to have their HC. He has his players playing above their heads. Ours takes the best roster in college football and loses to the worst OU team we've seen since John Blake.
Don't get me wrong. I love my Horns. But as of today I am no longer pretending this will all come together. And if it does, it will probably be too late.
I am anxious to see what Lacy and Bell can do at QB. If Arch wants to stink the place up, just find out what else we have.
Right after Texas punted, leading by 7 at the time, OU is driving the ball to tie it up. The camera flips to our sideline to show Arch is laughing it up with a team mate. That pissed me off.
That's all.