Welcome to the HornSports Forum

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our Texas Longhorns message board community.

SignUp Now!

Common Man Predictions – Week 5

Sirhornsalot

**The Official Horn Sports Landscaper and Landscap
Joined
Nov 6, 2013
Messages
34,704
Texas has a bye week this week so we'll have a different tie breaker this week. Good luck to everyone, may the force be with you.

#7 Alabama at #16 Mississippi State

#5 Ohio State at #14 Iowa

#8 Florida at #25 Missouri

Auburn at #17 Tenneessee

Washington at #18 USC

Pitt at Virginia Tech

Penn State at Northwestern

Michigan at Minnesota

Baylor at Arizona State

UTSA at Rice

TIE BREAKER – Guess the score of the Arkansas at Texas A&M game.
 
Last edited:
1. Bama
2. Iowa
3. Florida
4. Tennessee
5. USC
6. VTech
7. Penn St
8. Michigan
9. Baylor
10. UTSA
Tiebreaker: A&M 35 - Arky 21
 
Get your betting accounts ready.

Alabama
Ohio State
Florida
Tennessee
USC
Virginia Tech
Northwestern
Michigan
Arizona State
UTSA

aggy -7 Arkansas -3 (aggy scores a touchdown in the wrong end zone and arky kicks it through the wrong upright)
 
Mississippi State

Ohio State

Florida

Tenneessee

USC

Virginia Tech

Northwestern

Michigan

Arizona State

UTSA

TIE BREAKER – Guess the score of the Arkansas at Texas A&M game.

aggy 24, Pig 14
 
Last edited:
Mississippi State (upset special)

Ohio State - close but no cigar for Iowa

Florida

Tennessee - Vols get medieval on Auburn's ass (quoting Ving Rhames)

USC

Pitt

Penn State

Michigan

Arizona State - ASU sucks less than Baylor

UTSA

TIE BREAKER – Desperate aggy wins a sloppy game. Elko is feeling the heat. pigslop 10 aggy 22
 
Mississippi State is FOR REAL! I'll say it again... the Briles offense is the best offense in college football.

Ohio State - Iowa fails to excite me, even after the MeChicken game.

Florida is FOR REAL too. This game on our schedule scares me (as does that cow-bell school).

Tenneessee helps our win look a little better.

Washington - Riley reallly ought to polish up is OC resume.

Virginia Tech I guess??

Northwestern - Penn St is a year away from contention.

Michigan bounces back... and doesn't even have to cheat!

Arizona State in front of tens of fans!

UTSA - I like my Rice whipped....

Arkansas - 20 at Texas A&M - 21
 
Bama
tOSU
Florida
Tennessee
Washington
VTech
Penn St
Michigan
AZ State
UTSA
Tiebreaker: A&M 38 - Arky 13 (eATMe tries to prove they are back)
 
Last edited:
#7 Alabama at #16 Mississippi State - Is Miss St. for real? I don't think so and Bama is going to show them just how far they have to become a legitimate top 20 team.

#5 Ohio State at #14 Iowa - I think this game could be closer than most think. Unless OSU has problems, they should be able to win this one. The Hawkeyes will try to slow the game down to keep them in it until the end.

#8 Florida at #25 Missouri - The Gators seem to be for real, at least at home. Let's see how they handle the road. They struggled with Auburn on the road. I'm going to give them the edge on this one.

Auburn at #17 Tenneessee - Auburn heads into their toughest stretch of their schedule with Georgia, LSU and Ole Miss in the wings. They need this one. Let's see if Tennessee can bounce back. I'll take the Vols.

Washington at #18 USC - The Trojans are usually tough at home, but last week showed they aren't as good as they thought. They'll get back on track against the Huskies before hitting the road.

Pitt at Virginia Tech - 2 perenial middle of the road teams coming in undefeated. Virginia Tech has exceeded their win total from last year. I'll give them the nod at this week's who cares game of the week.

Penn State at Northwestern - When was the last time anyone picked Northwestern over Penn State? The Wildcats went to Bloomington and gave Indiana a scare while the Nitany Lions lost to Whiskey. As a guy who remembers Northwestern's 34 game losing streak, I'm hesitant to pick them. So I'll take Penn State.

Michigan at Minnesota - Michigan is the better team, but can they get up to this one after a heart breaking loss? If not, their coach will be on the hot seat. I'm taking the Wolverines to bounce back, at least for this week.

Baylor at Arizona State - I still like Lagway but he just isn't producing. Not sure if the Bears will stick with him. I'll take the home team.

UTSA at Rice - "Why does Rice play Texas?". Going with the Roadrunners here. Rice is still Rice.

TIE BREAKER – Guess the score of the Arkansas at Texas A&M game.
As Nik Kershaw sang - "Wouldn't it be Good" if the aggies lost yet another home game to another middle of the road team. Unfortunately, it might be a stretch to call the piggies a middle of the road team. I expect the aggies to run up the score if they can.

aggies 34 v piggies 28
 
Back
Top Bottom