2024 Baseball Season Thread

So I have officially crossed over. Tonight is the first baseball game I ever left early. It took a long time to get to this point. I have never seen this team dominated by UTRG…. EVER, sorry forgive my ignorance.
Give you credit for holding out hope for so long. srart rebuilding next year's team or try for a tournyspot?

• #HookEm
Reactions: 82Horn
15-1 going to the bottom of the 6th. UTRGV has scored in every inning.

For those of you who think Pierce is a great coach, please send me the number of the person you buy your stuff from cause I need to smoke some of that!
Death knell.

Something like 15 free passes by Texas pitchers so far...

Pierce is emptying the benches and the back ups are showing some life at the plate.

Really dismal performance. And yes, I do think Pierce could be in some trouble.

We've got some of the best big 12 teams in terms of RPI coming up over the next 4 series. The opportunity is there to strengthen the resume and make the tournament.

Far too many questions with the pitching staff to have much confidence we can get it done.

Reactions: Eastexhorn
We've got some of the best big 12 teams in terms of RPI coming up over the next 4 series. The opportunity is there to strengthen the resume and make the tournament.

Far too many questions with the pitching staff to have much confidence we can get it done.
I want to party with you using your stash.

That 70S Show Thank You GIF by PeacockTV

I thought we had to give Pierce time to get the season turned around earlier this year. It hasn't turned to this point. The ship is headed toward an iceberg and the rudder appears gone. After the loss last night I think unless Pierce does somehow turn it around and we get to a super regional they will fire him. The search for a replacement has probably begun. CDC is probably putting feelers out to gauge who might be interested.

Schlossnagle used to coach for him.

• #HookEm
Reactions: tejasrulz
I thought we had to give Pierce time to get the season turned around earlier this year. It hasn't turned to this point. The ship is headed toward an iceberg and the rudder appears gone. After the loss last night I think unless Pierce does somehow turn it around and we get to a super regional they will fire him. The search for a replacement has probably begun. CDC is probably putting feelers out to gauge who might be interested.

I doubt we'd be able to lure Schlossnagle from aggy, he has turned them into a force.

I want to party with you using your stash.

That 70S Show Thank You GIF by PeacockTV
I was in the wait and see camp but that loss last night was ugly and it I don't see much objectively to give much hope that things will change over the next month.

A good outcome is still possible but the writing seems to be on the wall for this year.

Question is, what does it take for CDC to make a move this year? He will not want to limp into SEC baseball.

I was in the wait and see camp but that loss last night was ugly and it I don't see much objectively to give much hope that things will change over the next month.

A good outcome is still possible but the writing seems to be on the wall for this year.

Question is, what does it take for CDC to make a move this year? He will not want to limp into SEC baseball.
After the game last night if we don't make a super regional, Pierce will be gone. This isn't limping into SEC baseball, this is something else. Recruiting will go downhill fast. What is Pierce going to do fire the pitching coach again? He's on his third in three years and the last two pitching coaches were fired after the team led the Big XII in ERA. The wheels are falling off and it's hard to put the lug nuts back in while you're still moving. This could get uglier real fast. He may have lost the team.

On the other hand this could be the low point of the season and he gets it turned around. But...

After the game last night if we don't make a super regional, Pierce will be gone. This isn't limping into SEC baseball, this is something else. Recruiting will go downhill fast. What is Pierce going to do fire the pitching coach again? He's on his third in three years and the last two pitching coaches were fired after the team led the Big XII in ERA. The wheels are falling off and it's hard to put the lug nuts back in while you're still moving. This could get uglier real fast. He may have lost the team.

On the other hand this could be the low point of the season and he gets it turned around. But...
It was the low poinrforme when I saw who was starting at pitcher A real morale booster for the team.

Will it be asplash hire. Or look ar the 25-20 coaches with outstanding won - loss records JC's are proaby out. But have had someexcellet coaches ( Van Horn at Ark. 20 plus years) San Jac and more over the years.

Pierce recruited very well last year, lots of young players canreturn. Find a couple of starting pitchers and develop the returning ones and might have a winner.

What is Pierce going to do fire the pitching coach again?
I can't tell if this is a joke. If so, it's a good one.

If not joking, I gotta let you know that Pierce took over the pitching coach duties this year.