Let Me Share

Oct 14, 2013
There is a respectful and disrespectful way to address a BMD if you disagree with his comments or stance.

Unfortunately some of us I have chosen the the disrespectful response to Reds comments.

Let's be above that here.

Thanks,

Darrell

Respect is something that is earned, not bought.

Just keep that in mind.

Agree Ellie. We have a very prominent and public supporter that totally lost my respect with his little temper tantrum today.

And I am not advocating disrespecting Red or anyone else. But I sure don't respect someone just because of their checkbook either. I don't know Red McCombs, so I have little to say about the man. I think his comments were in ridiculously bad taste though.

I have zero respect for what Red did today and don't want him around the program, no matter how much money he donates at this point.

I just said I would not play marbles with him... he probably would not have his Mayonnaise top with him and enough marbles to be even. (you should know: odd or even)

WOW

He acted like a total jerk and demeaned a man publicly because he didn't agree with the hire and you are worried about his feelings?

WoW

Just keep that in mind.
Agree with this take however, I can be responsible for my EAD comments and respect McP's wishes.

Fair enough!

Just keep that in mind.
Regardless, this community has been and will continue to be built upon addressing people and other in a respectful manner. Red was wrong and was out of line to say what he said, but telling him to go do something or calling him names or anyone else or that matter will not be tolerated.

I hope we can all understand that.

There is NO defense for his comments today and he deserves any and everything that flies in his direction.

I respectfully disagree with Mr. McCombs comments.
That's fair. Let me add this. What Jamail and Red have given to the University is absolutely astronomical.

Have any of you ever had a close one to you get up there in age and spout things off they would not have normally said? I know I have.

The only thing I'm trying to express to you all, is give the same to these two men the same leeway that you have given your loves ones.

If there are two men that have earned that, it's Red and Joe.

I've not heard Joe Jamail utter one word publicly about the hire???? There seems to be a huge difference between Jamail and McCombs...is there not????

Regardless, this community has been and will continue to be built upon addressing people and other in a respectful manner. Red was wrong and was out of line to say what he said, but telling him to go do something or calling him names or anyone else or that matter will not be tolerated.
I hope we can all understand that.
Not only do I understand it, I demand it. It is the reason why I don't post much elsewhere. Speaking to someone, whether it is in person or via the internet should always be in considerate tones. My comment about earning respect does not in any way forbid me from showing respect or it's antithesis, disrespecting someone. Pretty sure those who know me know that I will not disrespect someone for any reason. I'll let their actions and mine stand on their own merits.

In this case, Red has reaped what he has sewn.