Kyler Murray-things not looking good for the aggies.

http://www.foxsports.com/southwest/story/should-texas-a-m-s-prize-qb-consider-baseball-instead-021115

From the link, major league clubs are already telling Murray's coaches that he could go anywhere from top 15 to top 5. 

The top 21 picks last year made at least $2 million a piece. 

This is nothing like his uncle, Calvin, because the money was nowhere as lucrative as it is today. 

With dinero like that, you can't blame him for going.

And you can't help but laugh at aggy.

A&M will still be there if Murray doesn't make it to the major leagues. Who the hell is their back-up if Kyle Allen goes down?

This is gonna be fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: java
A&M will still be there if Murray doesn't make it to the major leagues. Who the hell is there back-up if Kyle Allen goes down?

This is gonna be fun!
They are apparently in conversations with the same former WV QB we were looking at. They need to find someone. If Murray goes pro, I think they only have 1 scholarship QB on the roster. 

Kevin's comments in the USA Today report about Kyler's recruitment and the fan support says it all. I still will be shocked if Kyler goes top 3 rounds, but even if so, he'll leave if the money is above slot.

Kevin's comments in the USA Today report about Kyler's recruitment and the fan support says it all. I still will be shocked if Kyler goes top 3 rounds, but even if so, he'll leave if the money is above slot.
Are you referring to his comments about "A&M fans only like him for what they think he can do for the football team" or something else? I probably have the quote wrong but it was something along those lines.

Reactions: pringlelake
Say what you will, but whether or not Murray ever plays a down for agricultural, his re-commitment to them certainly swayed Mack toward collie station, and Soso and a couple of others away from UT.  The way ag fan looks at things, that's a net positive.  It is true that Murray would have an option to come back to college football if baseball doesn't work out for him, but even if that's the case, who's to say that Sumlin would still be on the job in collie station, or that Murray might not make a different decision two or three yars down the road than the one he made a few weeks ago?  If Sumlin's not feeling some heat down around his southside, he should be.  His employers aren't particularly noted for their patience, and they can't be too happy with TAMU's win-loss record direction these days.  Things aren't particularly looking up either...name one team in the SEC West that it can safely be said the toy soldiers are better than.  I didn't think you could.

Yep, that is the one. I'm surprised his comments haven't gotten more play, they are about as damning as they come.
Yes they are but honestly you can say that about any fanbase and a recruit. If Kyler were a EE Major on an Academic ship nobody would care. I just think the recruiting process took a toll on the Murray family.

Say what you will, but whether or not Murray ever plays a down for agricultural, his re-commitment to them certainly swayed Mack toward collie station, and Soso and a couple of others away from UT. The way ag fan looks at things, that's a net positive. It is true that Murray would have an option to come back to college football if baseball doesn't work out for him, but even if that's the case, who's to say that Sumlin would still be on the job in collie station, or that Murray might not make a different decision two or three yars down the road than the one he made a few weeks ago? If Sumlin's not feeling some heat down around his southside, he should be. His employers aren't particularly noted for their patience, and they can't be too happy with TAMU's win-loss record direction these days. Things aren't particularly looking up either...name one team in the SEC West that it can safely be said the toy soldiers are better than. I didn't think you could.
Honestly don't care about Mack

He's about as flighty a kid as I've ever seen. We dodged a bullet with him, imo

Honestly don't care about Mack

He's about as flighty a kid as I've ever seen. We dodged a bullet with him, imo
Good point Slim, I am beginning to think that about him too - all the social network games & drama toward himself.  He may turn out to be huge star for aggy or a Ryan Perilloux type player we are later glad we missed on. 

We will see.

Last edited by a moderator: