First Shoe to drop???

alonghorn72

Veteran
Oct 26, 2013
Got to be Plonsky right? When do we get an announcement from Patterson about the house cleaning?

Unless they have already restructured the Athletic Department then Plonsky does not work for Patterson.

Unless they have already restructured the Athletic Department then Plonsky does not work for Patterson.

No I would expect that announcement to come from Powers as a "restructuring" and giving Patterson free reign...and blood.

Too early.

You always release this kind of thing on a Friday afternoon. During the holiday season even better.

I have a feeling Plonsky might lose her department but continue to have a job and draw a check. Just a guess though.

This "reassigned in the dept." BS needs to stop. Its ok to be FIRED, it happens. WE NEED TO FIRE PEOPLE!! BURN THAT HELL HOLE CALLED BELMONT DOWN!

I don't know what you are expecting. Should they televise the firings Donald Trump style? Texas will do this with some class and with as little fanfare as possible. Also, expect this to be done small groups of people at a time over the course of six to twelve months.

People seem to want Patterson to go on LHN and just announce he's laying off 200 people. Not going to happen that way.

They can do it with class and privately and over a few months but it needs to get done! Many, not all, of the people that have been in that building collecting a paycheck have been sitting on their ass doing nothing.

Much more difficult to fire Plonsky, she's a protected class. Even though she had a multiple year affair with her boss at the time before taking over for her.

This "reassigned in the dept." BS needs to stop. Its ok to be FIRED, it happens. WE NEED TO FIRE PEOPLE!! BURN THAT HELL HOLE CALLED BELMONT DOWN!
Yep. This is a necessary mindset for a program to achieve excellence. And it's been seriously lacking at Texas so far. Imagine how much more accomplished Texas football would have been if Deloss had been fired 10-20 years ago.

Gawd I love it.....

Hopefully Powers gave Patterson the Hammer to Clean the place out...

get it done and fast...

We are like a bunch of Romans waiting for the lions to slaughter....

Bring on the blood.....NOW...Can't wait for it to happen....

I would think the department would want any changes to look like promotional reassignments versus the actual and intended removals for the good of the program. Probably need some time to arrange some soft landings would be my guess. I'd kinda like Madden to be at the front of the line with Plonsky.

I would think the department would want any changes to look like promotional reassignments versus the actual and intended removals for the good of the program. Probably need some time to arrange some soft landings would be my guess. I'd kinda like Madden to be at the front of the line with Plonsky.
With the culture of complacency and entitlement that has run rampant in the athletic department we need hatchet man to put the fear of God in some people and change the culture.

My issue is why do we need to find a soft landing? We can just say thank you for your time but we can changing the way the Athletic Department is working. When new bosses come in, then people get laid off and fired.

Just as a reference point - and this was under the old admin - but there was some housecleaning in Bellmont about a year ago and I never saw a peep about it on any of the boards. This one wasn't so cool however as it included guys like Donnie Little who was considered to suddenly be offsides under some new rules as to how they were running things. Point is though with the exception of some high-profile names most of this will happen in a way that no one on the outside will probably even be aware of the headcount reduction.

Just as a reference point - and this was under the old admin - but there was some housecleaning in Bellmont about a year ago and I never saw a peep about it on any of the boards. This one wasn't so cool however as it included guys like Donnie Little who was considered to suddenly be offsides under some new rules as to how they were running things. Point is though with the exception of some high-profile names most of this will happen in a way that no one on the outside will probably even be aware of the headcount reduction.
Wow. I had no idea Little was let go. Just my opinion, but I think they released the wrong Little.

I wouldn't mind Plonsky being reassigned to a strictly marketing position. She's actually good at that. Leave the day to day running of the athletic department to Patterson to be in charge of both men and women's sports.

Much more difficult to fire Plonsky, she's a protected class. Even though she had a multiple year affair with her boss at the time before taking over for her.
Trying to scrub this image out of my brain...