2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (PORTAL CLOSED)

The latest from OTF and IT on TCU DT Damonic Williams...

"TCU transfer defensive tackle Damonic Williams arrived in Baton Rouge for his LSU visit Monday evening. He will remain on campus today before heading back to Fort Worth tonight or early Wednesday morning. OnTexasFootball believes Oklahoma, Texas and LSU are all very much in the picture. Oklahoma and LSU have an inviting depth chart if Williams chooses to be a heavy snap player in what he hopes will be his final year in college. Williams is also fond of the Texas program, and sees opportunity despite the Longhorns already taking two transfers on the interior. It's not out of the question Oklahoma and Texas will meet with the 6-1.5, 315 pounder Wednesday afternoon prior to decision Wednesday night or Thursday/Friday."

"Based on my read of the Texas side I feel okay but not great on Damonic Williams. Like I’ve said nothing truly matters until it’s time to wrap it up and so far it’s not wrapped up. That means there could be a hiccup or it could just get done. Right now there is optimism on the Texas side they can lock him up but this is one that isn’t over until it’s over. He’s set to decide tomorrow."

Punter is the only real need in the portal. We only have a freshman who isn't on campus yet. Maybe a TE?
I don't get the "we need a DT" argument. Not after Norton and Savea signed. Williams is 50/50 at best. We need to develop the younger guys (Mitchell) at that position and then recruit some more this cycle.