2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (PORTAL CLOSED)

OTF wrote this morning they are monitoring another CB prospect Texas has real interest in other than Tacario Davis.

It's not Cormani McClain.

Reactions: Sirhornsalot
Here is what Burton at OTF wrote this morning on CB Terrance Brooks.

He doesn't believe NIL was a factor.

"Well, based on what I’ve been told and for whatever reasons, Texas decided to move on from Brooks as a definitive starter. It could be that he gained 12 pounds from the end of the regular season to the beginning of spring ball. For a corner already needing more top-end speed, Brooks didn’t do himself any favors. It could be that he didn’t exactly have his best spring practice either, punctuated by a coverage bust in the spring game that should be rare for a third-year player. Or it could just be the simple fact that Texas is continuously looking to upgrade its roster. And Brooks is not a lockdown corner. Rather, he’s a solid player. Better asked, is he a top-three round draft pick? Unlikely. And maybe that’s what Steve Sarkisian is looking for in a field corner."

Anyone on this board remember getting a reception like that when we arrived at UT?
The last time I stayed at the 4 seasons some numb nut decided to walk in the lobby, set his backpack down and walk out. They evacuated the whole building and had buses lined up outside to transport everyone to another location. This happened at 6:00am.

• Wow
Reactions: UTfish
Here is what Burton at OTF wrote this morning on CB Terrance Brooks.

He doesn't believe NIL was a factor.

"Well, based on what I’ve been told and for whatever reasons, Texas decided to move on from Brooks as a definitive starter. It could be that he gained 12 pounds from the end of the regular season to the beginning of spring ball. For a corner already needing more top-end speed, Brooks didn’t do himself any favors. It could be that he didn’t exactly have his best spring practice either, punctuated by a coverage bust in the spring game that should be rare for a third-year player. Or it could just be the simple fact that Texas is continuously looking to upgrade its roster. And Brooks is not a lockdown corner. Rather, he’s a solid player. Better asked, is he a top-three round draft pick? Unlikely. And maybe that’s what Steve Sarkisian is looking for in a field corner."
punctuated by a coverage bust in the spring game that should be rare for a third-year player.

That was the first thing that occurred to me.