Game of Thrones Thread

I just read an interesting article about HBO and it's about Game of Thrones and to a lesser degree, True Blood.

They have 114 million world wide subscribers. The get about $8 per month for each. That's over $900 million a month. They used to bet $6, but the success and popularity of GOT increased that by $2 a household. So GOT is making them about $228 million a month.

They don't have as many episodes but remember a one hour commercial show has only 43 minutes of show content. GOT has 57 minutes or about 40% more. So a 12 episode season is actually close to 17 in minutes to minute comparison.

oh, and it is the most pirated show in the history of television. Over 1.5 people downloaded an illegal copy of the first show. Breaking the record of GOT the previous season.

I have read all the books to date and believe me Joffrey gets his and it will be glorious.

Holy Shit..I have read the and it's still f##ked up..One of the worries from show producers was what would happen when main characters start dying?

This week Rob Stark, his mother Catelyn and his pregnant wife all dead..

Teaser: Catelyn returns from the dead as the "Red Queen" and she's going to be pissed..

I couldn't believe what I saw last night. This show just keeps getting better and better. Khaleesi is obviously enthralled with the new dude on her team.... John Snow, the bastard, is on the run now too. The finale next week should be freaking awesome.

I couldn't believe what I saw last night. This show just keeps getting better and better. Khaleesi is obviously enthralled with the new dude on her team.... John Snow, the bastard, is on the run now too. The finale next week should be freaking awesome.
Wait until the Red Queen makes an appearance..Next season..

It's GOT night! No way the finale can compare to what went down last week!

Some tidbits for the upcoming Season 4 of GOT:

No more nude scenes..sucks

game-of-thrones-comic-con-lead.jpg

Fans of the complicated romance between Jon Snow (Kit Harington) and Ygritte (Rose Leslie) will definitely want to tune into season four — as if you were thinking of tuning out.

images

images

This biggest change will be how the series will veer even farther from the books. It's easy to see why. In the books, everyone dies, and it's near impossible to keep up with the characters. The shows writers say they are using the books as a guideline but not a road map.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jon Snow needs to watch his hide with that crazy broad..

Last edited by a moderator:
Jon Snow, the BASTARD, needs to watch his hide with that crazy broad. She will kill him while giving hummers......
This is the first big change from the books. In the book he killed her when he made his escape.