2024 Baseball Season Thread

Good start by LBJ today, 7 innings 1 run only 1 walk. If LBJ and Hurley continue to pitch well it could mean good things for post season. Also great to see Casey Borba coming on, adding another strong bat in the lineup.

Still need some work in bullpen, not a good half inning and just like that Kansas is back in this game. 8~5 going to the 8th.

Gage Boehm gets us out of it.

I thought the same thing! Wonder if he’s the guy who goes up to the pitcher in the 5th inning and says “ Hey man, do you know you have a no hitter going?” 🤣
I don't think so highly of myself to think that I can dictate outcomes based on what I say. I would certainly not put that type of thought in a pitchers head though.

BTW, did yall see that our softball pitcher lost a perfect game with 1 out remaining on a walk. Completed the no hitter.

Good starting pitching performance. Unfortunately no good middle relief arms. Boehm looked strong as usual until he gave up the 2 run go ahead homer.
Similar pitching story today. LBJ with his second strong start (last week he crumbled in the 5th inning). Outside of Dre and Boehm, not sure we have a relief arm that can be counted on.

I don't think so highly of myself to think that I can dictate outcomes based on what I say. I would certainly not put that type of thought in a pitchers head though.

BTW, did yall see that our softball pitcher lost a perfect game with 1 out remaining on a walk. Completed the no hitter.
It was a joke bud

Similar pitching story today. LBJ with his second strong start (last week he crumbled in the 5th inning). Outside of Dre and Boehm, not sure we have a relief arm that can be counted on.
If Pierce continues with Rotation of Hurley, Grubbs, then LBJ,I could see ace whitehead getting some meaningful relief innings. You could use Lummus, Tunis, O’Hara, and Fotenot situationally only. That might be enough to get thru Regional and Super Regional. Who knows, not sure but this team is playing its best ball at the right time.

• #HookEm
Reactions: tejasrulz
If Pierce continues with Rotation of Hurley, Grubbs, then LBJ,I could see ace whitehead getting some meaningful relief innings. You could use Lummus, Tunis, O’Hara, and Fotenot situationally only. That might be enough to get thru Regional and Super Regional. Who knows, not sure but this team is playing its best ball at the right time.
If he puts Shaw in any game, his employment status really needs to be considered.

• #HookEm
Reactions: 82Horn
Ace Whitehead will be a starter going forward. Pierce stated prior to the Kansas series he was resting Whitehead this weekend and that is why he got the 1 inning of relief work only.