2025 Recruiting Board/Thread

I don't think both want to be in the same recruiting class.
Sounds like the ball will be in Lacey's court if Russell wants in the class.

Russell has gone on record several times saying he doesn't care, although I acknowledge that might not be exactly true.

OTF mentioned WR Kelshaun Johnson this morning as one to watch if he makes it to the spring game this weekend.

He will be traveling with his mother.

Sounds like the ball will be in Lacey's court if Russell wants in the class.

Russell has gone on record several times saying he doesn't care, although I acknowledge that might not be exactly true.

These days of having easy transfers this may be less of an issue. Seems reasonable for both of them to think that they will get the best development at Texas, and believe they will come out on top, but if not they can be ready to succeed at another school.

I was a 190 lb QB back in the day. I threw the discus and shot during track season. I went to region in discus but never threw more than 45 ft in the shot.

43-44 ft really isn't anything worth mentioning.

I think the sites are just behind, and that happens sometimes.

They'll both get rated when the various sites make their rankings updates, especially if they're committed to Texas.
247 already has >1200 2025 kids ranked. It's not like they go to some tiny backwater high school, they go to a 6A Cedar Hill. And they are triplets for crying out loud! Not easy to forget. Seems really strange.

I was a 190 lb QB back in the day. I threw the discus and shot during track season. I went to region in discus but never threw more than 45 ft in the shot.

43-44 ft really isn't anything worth mentioning.
I threw the shot in hs about the same as you - I think my max was 48 or so. One Saturday, I was at the same track meet as Michael Carter, who later played for SMU and the 49ers. Carter threw well over 70 feet in the prelims without even straining. ( I didn't make the finals) I decided at that track meet that practicing the shot was not worth my time.

Carter set a record later that year by throwing 81 ft 3.5 in.

I threw the shot in hs about the same as you - I think my max was 48 or so. One Saturday, I was at the same track meet as Michael Carter, who later played for SMU and the 49ers. Carter threw well over 70 feet in the prelims without even straining. ( I didn't make the finals) I decided at that track meet that practicing the shot was not worth my time.

Carter set a record later that year by throwing 81 ft 3.5 in.

For you it was Michael Carter. For me, it was Longview's Hosea Taylor.

When that cat arrived at the ring, the whole crowd parted. Huge guy. He beat me in the discus by about 20 ft, but it was an honor to throw against him. He was special. He was an all SWC DT at Houston.

Last edited:
Reactions: General Hooker