Basketball News/Recruiting Thread

K. St. too tough 1 and done in Big 12 tourny.
I've often wondered how hard a team will play if they're already a lock to get into the Big Dance. One and done in the conference tourney means you get more time to rest and heal and you also reduce the risk of injury. KSU on the other hand, is probably on the bubble and needs a win much worse than TX. One and done here actually makes a lot of sense in the long run.

One thing we know is this time is very wishy washy. When we are on, we can hang with the best of them. When we are not, we look quite bad.

Hopefully facing elimination for the NCAA tourney will make the team turn back on.

But it’s a wild guess as to what they’ll do. Matchups will also dictate how far we go.

Hard to beat a team 3 times in one year but it's still a bad loss.

Terry has got to recruit and coach them up or his stay at Texas won't be long.
I am tired of seeing 2nd half dry spells. How many games have they lost like this? This is a coaching issue.
They did not recruit well after last years great team. Don't recruit one and done if you aren't ready to play the NIL game. Be more selective in the transfer portal. Horton, Weaver and Onyema fell short of expectations.
This team is 40/60 to make it to the round of 32.

Reactions: Eastexhorn
I am tired of seeing 2nd half dry spells. How many games have they lost like this? This is a coaching issue.
They did not recruit well after last years great team. Don't recruit one and done if you aren't ready to play the NIL game. Be more selective in the transfer portal. Horton, Weaver and Onyema fell short of expectations.
This team is 40/60 to make it to the round of 32.

I think Weaver did a pretty decent job. Horton and Onyema, no.

• #HookEm
Reactions: tejasrulz
Idk...I expect this team to make the Sweet 16. Especially if they run the offense thru Disu. Remember he didn't play on last year's tournament and that squad made the Elite 8. I won't at all be surprised if the team goes that far again...

Idk...I expect this team to make the Sweet 16. Especially if they run the offense thru Disu. Remember he didn't play on last year's tournament and that squad made the Elite 8. I won't at all be surprised if the team goes that far again...
Last year's team had a lot more than Dishu to rely on. I don't think your expectation will come true however I will gladly let you tell me I was wrong if it does!

The season and loss, to say the least, are disappointing. Then again, there is a view, and I quote: "All you can do is lay it all on the line and let the chips fall where they may." 🙄

• #HookEm
Reactions: 82Horn