University of Texas head coach Shaka Smart lost another player on Thursday, just two days after true freshman Mohamed Bamba announced his decision to leave school early and declare himself eligible for the upcoming NBA Draft. Sophmore guard Jacob Young, who averaged 16.2 minutes and 6.2 points per game for the Longhorns this season, announced via twitter that he would seek a transfer.
Thanks to the coaches, teammates, and staff. After my past two years of experiences at UT, I am transferring. I wish Coach Smart and his program all the best. Jacob Young
— Jacob Young (@YEAHLILJ) March 22, 2018
“I appreciate all of the effort that Jacob has given to our University over the past two seasons,” said head coach Shaka Smart in a statement.
Young was a 4-star recruit out of Yates High School in Houston and was ranked as the 23rd best point guard in the country.
- No. 19 Baseball takes 9-4 win over Houston on Tuesday night April 25, 2018
- ***Houston vs Texas Game Thread*** April 24, 2018
- Cheap Seats State of the Cowboys + 2 Mock drafts April 23, 2018
- Spring Game Takeaways and Observations April 23, 2018
- 2020 Recruiting Board/Thread April 22, 2018