The Texas Longhorns earned an invitation to the NCAA Tournament on Sunday evening, their 34th appearance, and will face the Nevada Wolfpack in Nashville, Tennessee (South Region) on Friday.
The Longhorns will make their 34th overall appearance in the NCAA Tournament and 18th in the last 20 seasons. Texas is one of six schools to appear in at least 26 of the last 30 NCAA tourneys. #HookEm pic.twitter.com/fgNmffVxaw
— Texas Basketball (@TexasMBB) March 11, 2018
The Longhorns appear as a 10 seed and the Wolfpack, which play in the Mountain West Conference, are the 7-seed in the region. Nevada finished the season at 27-7 (15-3 in the Mountain West).
Nevada is coached by Eric Musselman, who assumed the head coaching position in 2015.
Texas makes their second appearance in the Big Dance under head coach Shaka Smart, who is still in search of his first win in the event. The Longhorns were upset in the first round by Northern Iowa in 2016 on a half-Court buzzer-beater.
- Commitment Spotlight: 2019 TE Jared Wiley May 26, 2018
- Best BBQ joints in Austin May 25, 2018
- Texas Lands A BIG Commitment In 5-Star OT Tyler Johnson May 24, 2018
- Kerwin Roach withdraws from NBA Draft May 24, 2018
- Despite an early exit in the Big 12 Tournament, Texas still in position to host a Regional May 24, 2018