Texas traveled to Fort Worth in hopes of evening their conference record to 6-6. Freshman center Mo Bamba poured in 23 points, but it wasn’t enough as the Longhorns fell to TCU, 87-71. The Horned Frogs never trailed in the game and improved their record to 17-8 overall and 5-7 in conference play. The loss dropped Texas to 15-10 overall and 5-7 in conference play.
The Horned Frogs were led by Vladimir Brodziansky, who scored 25 points on 11/19 shooting. Kouat Noi added 18 points and 4 rebounds. As a team, TCU shot 54.8% from the field and 50% from deep, while only turning the ball over 6 times.
Aside from the 23 points from Bamba, the other Longhorn player to reach double figures was Eric Davis with 16 points. Matt Coleman had 7 points and 4 assists. The Longhorns shot a respectable 51.9% from the field, but turned the ball over 11 times and couldn’t overcome allowing 48 first half points.
The Longhorns will return to Austin and host Baylor on Monday. Tip off is set for 8 PM on ESPN. Follow along at HornSports for live updates.
- No. 19 Baseball takes 9-4 win over Houston on Tuesday night April 25, 2018
- ***Houston vs Texas Game Thread*** April 24, 2018
- Cheap Seats State of the Cowboys + 2 Mock drafts April 23, 2018
- Spring Game Takeaways and Observations April 23, 2018
- 2020 Recruiting Board/Thread April 22, 2018