Texas traveled to Fort Worth in hopes of evening their conference record to 6-6. Freshman center Mo Bamba poured in 23 points, but it wasn’t enough as the Longhorns fell to TCU, 87-71. The Horned Frogs never trailed in the game and improved their record to 17-8 overall and 5-7 in conference play. The loss dropped Texas to 15-10 overall and 5-7 in conference play.
The Horned Frogs were led by Vladimir Brodziansky, who scored 25 points on 11/19 shooting. Kouat Noi added 18 points and 4 rebounds. As a team, TCU shot 54.8% from the field and 50% from deep, while only turning the ball over 6 times.
Aside from the 23 points from Bamba, the other Longhorn player to reach double figures was Eric Davis with 16 points. Matt Coleman had 7 points and 4 assists. The Longhorns shot a respectable 51.9% from the field, but turned the ball over 11 times and couldn’t overcome allowing 48 first half points.
The Longhorns will return to Austin and host Baylor on Monday. Tip off is set for 8 PM on ESPN. Follow along at HornSports for live updates.
- LSU bats come alive as Texas drops series opener, 13-4 February 24, 2018
- Help me first trip to Austin is for usc game February 23, 2018
- *****GAME THREAD - TEXAS vs. OKLAHOMA STATE***** February 23, 2018
- ****Official Texas vs LSU Weekend Baseball Series Thread*** February 23, 2018
- Two Texas Players Named In Yahoo CBB Corruption Report February 23, 2018