The Texas Longhorns (15-9, 5-6) lost their third game at home this season, falling to the Kansas State Wildcats (17-7, 6-5) 64-67 at the Frank Erwin Center on Wednesday night. Mo Bamba’s double-double (18 points, 12 rebounds) wasn’t enough to propel Texas to win number 16 on the season or a winning conference record. Texas shot 41.4% from the floor, while Bruce Weber’s Wildcats shot 53.7%.
All five of Kansas State’s starters scored in double digits, with junior forward Dean Wade leading the way with 16 points.
Eric Davis Jr. was second on the Texas team in scoring, delivering a 13-point performance in 32 minutes played off the bench.
Head coach Shaka Smart didn’t think his team had the will to win on Wednesday night.
“We have to have a level of passion and hunger and commitment to the little things. They’ve had it throughout most of this season, but they didn’t have it tonight.
Texas turned the ball over 16 times compared to 12 by Kansas State.
The Longhorns fell to 15-20 in the all-time series against Kansas State and 9-8 all-time against the Wildcats in games played in Austin.
Texas is back in action on Saturday, February 10th at 1:00 PM as they take on TCU in Fort Worth. The game will be televised on ESPNU.
- Despite early exit in CWS, 2018 season a huge success for Texas June 20, 2018
- ***CWS Elimination Game: Florida vs Texas*** June 19, 2018
- Cannot Log out of Hornsports June 19, 2018
- What you need to know: Florida June 19, 2018
- Texas falls to Arkansas in CWS opener, 11-5 (UPDATED: Starting Pitcher announced for Tuesday) June 18, 2018