First year Texas head coach Tom Herman has taken his team to their first bowl appearance since 2014 as they will face the Missouri Tigers in the Academy Sports and Outdoors Texas Bowl on Wednesday night. Texas has won 15 of the last 17 meetings between the two schools, but the Missouri Tigers have reeled off six straight wins to finish the regular season with a winning record.
The Longhorns are dealing with suspensions to key players, injuries and NFL Draft-related attrition. Missouri’s high-powered offensive attack led by junior quarterback Drew Lock will challenge the Texas secondary.
A bowl win for Texas would end the season on a high note and give the program some momentum headed into National Signing Day in February and Spring football. A loss to the Tigers would deal the Longhorns a losing record, leaving fans wondering if the ship will be righted anytime soon.
Texas Longhorns (6-6, 5-4) vs. Missouri Tigers (7-5, 4-4)
What: Academy Sports and Outdoors Texas Bowl
When: Wednesday, December 27, 2017
Time: 8:00 PM CST
Venue: NRG Stadium
Location: Houston, TX
All-time series record: Texas leads Missouri 17-6
Last Meeting: Missouri defeated Texas 17-5 (November 12, 2011 – Columbia, MO)
- Henley's strong outing leads Texas to 4-0 win over Kansas March 17, 2018
- Texas wins conference opener over Kansas, 14-4 March 17, 2018
- ***Kansas vs Texas Series Thread*** March 16, 2018
- Augie Garrido: A True Legend March 16, 2018
- *****GAME THREAD - TEXAS vs. NEVADA: NCAA Tournament Round 1***** March 16, 2018