On Saturday Texas and USC will meet on the football field for the first time since 2006, with the Trojans being heavy favorites to beat the Longhorns. Vegas released the opening odds on Sunday evening (USC -14) and those odds have only trended more toward the Trojans since. The consensus line on the game now lies at USC -16.5.
The Longhorns (1-1, 0-0) are coming off the team’s first win of the season, a 56-0 thrashing of San Jose State at home, after losing the season opener to Maryland 51-41.
#4 USC (2-0, 1-0) defeated Western Michigan 49-31 in the team’s opening game and followed that up with a 42-24 dismantling of #14 Stanford on Saturday.
USC has won 11 straight games and owns a home win streak of 8 games.
Texas head coach Tom Herman is 3-0 all-time against Top-10 teams, defeating #9 Florida State (2015 Peach Bowl) and #3 Oklahoma and #3 Louisville (2016 season) while head coach at Houston.
Texas and USC will kickoff at 7:30 PM on Saturday and the game will be televised nationally on FOX.
- *****Texas vs. Texas Tech Game Thread***** January 17, 2018
- Longhorns name Herb Hand Co-Offensive Coordinator/OL Coach January 17, 2018
- REPORT: Auburn OL Coach Herb Hand to Texas January 16, 2018
- Texas Baseball ranked 21 in D1Baseball’s Preseason Rankings January 16, 2018
- There Are Some Really Ignorant Basketball Fans on OB January 16, 2018