On Saturday Texas and USC will meet on the football field for the first time since 2006, with the Trojans being heavy favorites to beat the Longhorns. Vegas released the opening odds on Sunday evening (USC -14) and those odds have only trended more toward the Trojans since. The consensus line on the game now lies at USC -16.5.
The Longhorns (1-1, 0-0) are coming off the team’s first win of the season, a 56-0 thrashing of San Jose State at home, after losing the season opener to Maryland 51-41.
#4 USC (2-0, 1-0) defeated Western Michigan 49-31 in the team’s opening game and followed that up with a 42-24 dismantling of #14 Stanford on Saturday.
USC has won 11 straight games and owns a home win streak of 8 games.
Texas head coach Tom Herman is 3-0 all-time against Top-10 teams, defeating #9 Florida State (2015 Peach Bowl) and #3 Oklahoma and #3 Louisville (2016 season) while head coach at Houston.
Texas and USC will kickoff at 7:30 PM on Saturday and the game will be televised nationally on FOX.
- Outfielder Colton Rathjen Class of 2019 July 16, 2018
- Big 12 media days begin, again, with no Texas quarterback in sight July 15, 2018
- Here's Why Pre-Season Polls Are Worthless July 15, 2018
- I had no clue Garrett Gilbert was still playing football... July 10, 2018
- Phil Steele's Preseason Top 25 July 10, 2018