The Texas Longhorns (0-1, 0-0) will face the San Jose State Spartans (1-1, 0-0), the first meeting between the two teams, at Royal – Memorial Stadium today at 2:30 pm. The Longhorns look to win their first game of the season after suffering a season-opening 51-41 loss to the Maryland Terrapins last week at home. San Jose State lost to South Florida in the team’s season opener, following up the next week with a win against Cal Poly.
Texas quarterback Shane Buechele is recovering from an injured shoulder sustained in the loss to the Terrapins, which means true freshman quarterback Sam Ehlinger should see plenty of snaps today as the likely starter.
Texas Longhorns vs. San Jose State Spartans
Date: Saturday, September 9th, 2017
Time: 2:30 PM CST
Television: Longhorn Network
Venue: Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium
Location: Austin, TX
Relevant Articles and Information:
- Staff Predictions – Texas vs. San Jose State
- Why the Quarterback isn’t the Problem with the Longhorns (with video breakdown)
- Stock Report – Week 1
- Quarterbacks: Where does Texas Stand?
- Longhorns open as 27.5 favorites against San Jose State
- Get to Know San Jose State: Defense/Special Teams
- Get to Know San Jose State: Offense
- Maryland Film Review: It could always be worse, maybe
Discuss the Texas vs. San Jose State game here